In the early days of cave diving, reels were not available to buy off the shelf. Divers used anything they could, including empty electrical wire spools. When exploring, divers would pay out the line and if they didn't empty the spool it would be left in the cave for the next dive. The spools came in various sizes and North Florida cave diver, Bill Hogarth Main, popularized smaller spools for safety and jump reels. Today, our 100-foot Finger Spool is often used for shooting lift bags as well as a safety reel. Small and low-profile, a spool fits nicely out of the way in a pocket or clipped off to a D-ring. The holes in the side allow for clipping in the double ended snap anywhere along the perimeter of the spool to keep the line tight when not in use. Made of ABS plastic, finger spools are simple to use and virtually indestructible in the water.
- Before diving with a new reel (or a dry reel that has been in storage), put the reel in a bucket of water and after soaking, pay out the entire length of line and reel it back in. This will moisten the line, precluding it from swelling on the reel and further preventing the possibility of jamming or damaging the spool.
- As with most dive equipment, you should rinse your reel with fresh water following each dive. You should also periodically disassemble the reel, and remove any build up of salt or sediment on its internal parts.
- It is recommended to pull some or all of the line off the spool before each dive, then rewinding it neatly but not too tightly, so as to prevent the possibility of jamming during line deployment.
- Finally, too much line on the spool can cause jams during initial deployment, if you are having a problem with jams try removing 10 or 15 feet of line.
Shipping & Returns
We are absolutely committed to making sure you're happy with your purchase. You can return any product purchased from
splashdive.com.au in an unused, brand new condition within 30 days of the date of the purchase and we will refund
your money back. Please advise us by email and include a printout of your original invoice if you return a product
Perfect Fit Guarantee
Please use our indicative sizing guides which show height and weight ranges and other measurements to choose your size.
If you have any queries about size, you can advise us when you complete your purchase in the comments field. We will
contact you and make sure we're sending you the best possible size. If you receive an item and it doesn't fit to
your satisfaction, you can return it to us in an unused, brand new condition and we will send another size free of
charge. Please advise us by email and include a printout of your original invoice if you return a product to us.
- Free Shipping for orders over $150
- Standard Shipping: $14.95
- Standard Shipping Tracked: $19.95
- Fast Shipping Tracked: $24.95 (1-3 days)
Once your payment has cleared, your order will be packed and dispatched within our 48-hour guarantee.
How long will it take to get my order to me?We use tracked International EMS Post for 3-10 days delivery anywhere in Australia.
What Our Customers Have Said
"Hey! Received my item super quickly!!! So satisfied its not even funny! Fantastic deal guys, thanks heaps and heaps. I have
been recommending you since yesterday to my fellow dredge buddies. :) Thanks tons."
Bryan - Victoria, Australia
"Easy transaction, ultra fast shipping. Very happy and will definitely be back!"
Rhys - Melbourne, Australia
"Excellent Company to deal with. Exceptional service and a very quick delivery time."
Sean - Doncaster East, Australia
"Wow what an awesome wetsuit and was delivered very fast - very impressed. AAA rating!!"
Ian - Panania, Australia
"WOW super fast postage, 5 star Splash, excellent items! Thanks."
Darren - Newcastle, Australia
"Great communication. Answered all my questions professionally. Called me back to confirm questions on an item. Goods arrived on time and in the condition
l expected. These guys are highly recommended, buy with confidence."
Jason - Melbourne, Australia
"My wife and I purchased two full sets of gear from Splash. They are great bunch of blokes to deal with. Service,
price and product were great. Very easy to deal with. Highly recommend to anyone wanting dive gear."
David - Grantville, Australia
"Fantastic wetsuit - excellent service!"
Dianne - Mortlake, Australia
"Wow what a suit - recommendation given was perfect and fits and looks great, great people to deal with 10/10."
John - Bowen Hills, Australia
"One of the best online purchases I have made - thank you so much. I got the wetsuit today - so quick. A cool wettie backed
with such a service that I am just gobsmacked. You guys run a tight show - thanks for making it happen and keeping this transaction
so easy. a good buy all the way!"
Toby - Dapto, NSW, Australia